DietBet Alpha Challenge 2019/10/07
Bet Amount: $5
Game Length: 2 Weeks
Game Dates: Monday, October 7, 2019 - Sunday, October 20, 2017
Last Day to Join: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
This 2-week challenge starts Monday, October 7th, 2019 and ends on Sunday, October 20th, 2019. To win, you must submit 4 workout photos each week, 8 in total, to the challenge’s FaceBook group. Each photo must be from a different workout. Your photos must be submitted within 24 hours of your workout. In fairness to the other players, photos submitted after the 24-hour period will not be accepted. Acceptable forms of workout photos include: a post-workout sweaty selfie or a screenshot of your workout recorded in one of your workout apps (e.g. Apple Health, Fitbit, Strava, etc.)
Workout Verification: After you upload your photo to the Facebook group, we’ll validate it. If there are any issues with your submission, we’ll contact you as soon as possible. If your account is flagged for suspicious workout activity, you may be required to re-submit your photo or redo the workout completely.
Winning: Hit your weekly goals during every week, and you’re a winner! If you are disqualified, you are welcome to continue to play along but are ineligible for winnings.
Payouts: Winners will be notified and winnings will be disbursed to your WayBetter account within 2 weeks of the end of the game. As with all WayBetter games, payouts are issued via PayPal. You cannot have your winnings credited back to a credit card. In rare cases where a player requires a paper check, we charge a $5 fee to cover the cost of writing and mailing the check within the United States regardless of the payout amount.
Bet Payment: The $5 bet must be paid up-front via PayPal. Once you sign up, you'll receive a PayPal invoice to set up the payment. Once the payment is received, you will be invited to the private Facebook group where the challenge will be hosted.
Refunds: You may get a full refund up to the game start date. After the refund period has closed, exceptions may be made for players who must exit the game for medical reasons. In these instances, documentation must be provided for verification purposes. No refunds will be made after the game ends.
Disputes: All decisions by WayBetter Referees shall be considered final.
Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
Prohibited Actions: Players caught engaging in prohibited actions shall be ejected from the challenge at the sole discretion of WayBetter’s Referees. Ejected players shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees or bets. The following actions are prohibited:
- Engaging in activities that falsely portray the completion of a workout or when the workout was completed.
- A person other than the player completing the workout on behalf of the player.
- Other activities determined to be unsportsmanlike by WayBetter Referees.
Unsportsmanlike Activities: WayBetter aims to create a supportive, fun environment that helps players become more active. Like all communities, we run the risk that a few bad apples can ruin the experience for everyone. To this end, we ask our players to adhere to the following guidelines of good sportsmanship, as well as help us enforce these standards that bring out the best in us all.
- No playing in bad faith (playing repeatedly in a manner of “hustling”).
- No manipulating the challenge, including colluding, betting on someone other than yourself, betting on someone to lose, or otherwise interfering with the fair and natural course of the competition.
- No harassment of players.
- No embarrassment of players.
- No disclosing confidential information of another player.
- No posting photos/video without permission of the subject or photographer.
- No gaming of the system by creating multiple accounts or forging videos.
- No business, product, or self-promotion posts in the games.
Health Notification: Participate in a WayBetter challenge only if your health permits this activity. Consult a qualified healthcare provider before participating should you have any health issues that could be impacted by the activity required for this game.
1. How do you play?
- First, sign up! You can do that by entering your email address here. (link to form)
- Next, place your bet and join the game! Once we receive your email address, we will send you a PayPal invoice which will allow you to make your bet payment. You won’t be included in the game without placing a bet, the amount of which will be determined by the game referees.
- Once you we receive your bet, we’ll invite you to a private Facebook group. You’ll submit your workout images there, along with interacting with your fellow players. Complete the number of required workouts and win!
2. Can I do two or more challenges in one day and skip the next day(s)?
No. In the spirit of positive habit forming, it is necessary to do just one workout per day and only one-uploaded photo will be counted per day toward your challenge goal. If you feel like doing more, that’s great and we encourage you to do as much as you are comfortable with, but the additional work will not count toward your goal.
3. How do you prevent cheating?
We have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating. And players found to be cheating or falsifying their workouts will be immediately removed from the game. Players may be asked to provide additional evidence of completed workout if they are flagged for suspicious behavior.
4. How do I know that I’ve been invited to play in the challenge?
Once you register and pay your invoice, you will be sent an invitation to a private Facebook group. This group will be the single source homepage where you upload all of your photos and where you can talk to/cheer along your fellow players! You can upload your photos to the group from both your Smartphone and your computer.
5. What is WayBetter's cut of the pot?
Since this is an Alpha challenge, we will not be taking a cut. Challenge winners will be splitting the entire pot!
6. Is this gambling? This challenge is not gambling because it is fundamentally based on the workouts you complete, and not an element of chance. In other words, whether or not you win is in your control, not random like gambling.